Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring.

Stating that spring is a time for renewal is rather redundant in my mind. Yes we've all heard it before and it is evident as our grass turns from brown to green (those of us outside coastal BC anyway) and our trees begin to regain their foliage. Even with this widespread understanding of seasonal changes I would like to make note of it all the same.

I didn't get more than a block from my tiny basement nest this morning when I was struck with a smile, I love this city. I was saturated with the sun on my face, warming my cheeks and inciting the need to unzip my light jacket. Shop doors were invitingly open and people were walking their pups in abundance this morning. The grittiness of my neighbourhood seemed to glisten a little brighter under the blue sky. It may go without saying, vitamin D is good for our souls and for our communities. It seems to re-inspire optimism and smiling. This is reflected in my life right now for I, like so many of my classmates, am on the verge of starting a whole new part of my life.  A new job, hopefully soonish, a new roommate, and new friends. It makes me all the more excited for summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment