Sunday, April 29, 2012

Maybe it's the warmer climate

I'm doing what I do every time. Trying to grasp at anything that I can control in order to find safe footing in the uncertainty. Like always, it all comes at the same time. When life is in-between, in flux, up in the air, the whole thing is suspended. My feet just can't touch the ground. So what I do is hunker down. My body usually agrees and as if to justify my decision to hold tight were I can, I get sick, I am forced to take care of myself, insulate against the cold outside and focus inward. I get work done. I avoid being social unless necessary. I suddenly find I eat healthy but that additionally my appetite is no where to be found. I pause, move slowly as if to try to stop the clock from racing ahead. It happens. I feel a tell tale numbness. When things get like this I stop. Take measure. Freeze what is unnecessary and nurture where I can, almost out of practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment