Monday, April 30, 2012

Risk|Faith

I'm not going to lie. I haven't been that inspiring or optimistic this week. I have started half a dozen blog posts and all but one lie in wait on my desktop. I hate posting when the result has no solution or no outcome from which to learn. I have been struggling as of late and it is hard for me to just be in it.

This all being said I came across a quote, or a line, or a lovely arrangement of words. To paraphrase: risk and faith go hand in hand, the bigger the risk the more faith is necessary. Faith is a tricky piece for me. I don't always love to throw all my chips to the wind, to the goodness of the universe. Having faith is hard for me and yet every time I let go a little and just hope for the best a sense of calm comes over me. The sooner i find faith. The sooner I get results. Strange. True. So this is my homework. I know in my brain that things work out for a reason, that I always get what needs to be finished done, and that life has a strange way of taking me exactly where I need to go. So in this time of uncertainty, in all areas of my life, I must throw caution to the wind. I have to believe that there will be some answers in the next six weeks from which to start to piece together where things will go after that: career, where I will live, what passions I will pursue.

In the line of faith and trust I saw six eagles today. On campus, playing and gliding in the thermals above the trees.  This is always an auspicious sign. A sign that the risk is worth the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment