Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Like Me.

Sometimes I wonder who else is like me. Who else keeps extensive lists of the mundane and the far flung. Who else aches in their bones knowing there is more to life than ladder climbing and line towing.  Are there others who sit for hours, body functioning at a task, and mind 1000 miles away, a decade beyond. An image piercing their mind of what life will be, will look, will sound, will feel like. An image that is not that which is right in front of them.

I have learned the hard way what I want by learning first what I do not want. I have learned how I live and work best but gaining a clear understanding what prevents me from doing so. Somethings have come more easily and quickly than others. Often I feel like a sculptor, slowly chipping away that which does not serve my greater purpose, each stroke of my chisel getting me closer to the reality I want. There are many imperfections I am more than willing to compromise on, many I am willing to embrace, but there is a sick feeling in my gut that tells me what is a deal breaker. The feeling that no matter how hard to shake sticks to me like burrs in a mat. I will put up with an extensive amount of discomfort, that is what I was trained for. There are deal breakers though. Things I will not bat an eyelash before walking away from. I wonder else who has these lines that once crossed, can never be returned.


No comments:

Post a Comment