Saturday, August 13, 2011

Heart don't forget.

I am cleaning my room. My tiny tiny highly structured-to-be-organized room. Maybe it's fall cleaning, maybe I just know that my life is about to get all kinds of hectic in an amazing and exciting ways, or maybe it is a function of my choice to live a life of greatness and a clean, well organized room is the first step.

One of my favourite things about room cleaning, and I mean really thorough room cleaning is stumbling upon all the little treasures that I hide away. I was trying to find an empty box to put school supplies in and came across the pieces of a vision board to be. Vibrant little colours and pieces of things that one day I hope to be mine or part of something I create. This little orange box also held pieces of my life. The important scraps and tickets and slivers of moments that I can't give up. No matter how hard I try. The most significant thing in there is the small card we received at the memorial service of a dear high school teacher from earlier this spring. Reading through brought back some sadness from that day and the other services I have sat through in the last decade, some all at once, some over time. More importantly though it brought up a couple of touch stones. Be outside, teach others, be good then be fast, and leave the legacy you deserve. What a great lesson.

So with that I am off to discover the North Shore with a new friend and I couldn't be more excited for all the new beginnings and maybe even more for bringing a few things along from the past to ease the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment