Thursday, June 28, 2012

Gratitude and two days.

I've never spent much time pondering the glass half full/glass half empty conundrum. I guess I've just always been stoked to have something in my glass to drink! The last couple days has been a lesson in looking at things half full. When I heard that a trip I had anxiously been awaiting was going to be cut short I was more disappointed than I had expected. I didn't know how much I wanted my glass to be totally full. I thought I was pretty mellow. The fact of the matter is when I realized my proverbial cup would not be full I freaked out, focusing on the time lost instead of the time that was still there. This morning, like most, I woke with a little more clarity. I was going to spend two full days in a city that I love with one of my favourite people in the world. Two Whole Days. That would be two more days that I would get if I didn't go. Two more days that we would otherwise get. I laughed at myself a little this morning. Sometimes gratitude evades us when we are attached to what we think we need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment