Sunday, July 24, 2011

This time it may be for real.

Well I am 3 days back into a daily yoga practice and a week without a drink. It feels amazing. It struck me that after Stampede and a weekend in Whistler it was time to get my life back on track. I got into conversation with a good friend yesterday about 'how I was doing'. Funny enough big picture I am starting to get it together. I am soon starting a great program, I have a wonderful place to live, amazing friends, incredibly supportive family. I am heading in a direction that both inspires me and will likely provide me with the lifestyle that I want; one free of worry about money and where I can ski, travel and be creative. The small scale, the little pieces are where I am feeling out of sorts. I let a lot slip this summer. My health, my practice, a few of my goals. At first they were swept aside because of the urgency of other matters but now I see it is still happing for two reasons.
1) I am failing to have integrity with myself and
2) I have a tendency to laziness and impulsiveness when the mood strikes me.
This realization is key for me. It is the first step in a series of baby steps to getting not just the big picture where I am content but also the whole picture, the puzzle pieces on the periphery but yet the ones essential to viewing the image. So that is where I stand, lots of work to do and not as fun or as gratifying in the short term as the big pieces but the foundation that I need and crave. I am excited to set this up. Get going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment