Saturday, December 10, 2011

'Cause someone's coming home.

Well, it's all said and done. Having not been to school for 4 years being back in the saddle was not as easy as I hoped. The semester is finished and slowly it is sinking in. We are at the end of the beginning. As people slowly make their way home for the holidays it is evident that there is something complete. Something to be celebrated.

The most important lesson I have learned, and there were so many important ones, is to be open and to not let opportunities pass you by. Easily the best parts of the last few months have been because I said yes to something and did not turn it down. Great nights, new friendships, assignments and projects that broadened my scope. I am grateful for all of them. When we started this in September 3 months seemed like forever, 16 months actually an eternity. Now, now it seems frighteningly short. It is not a matter of how quickly can we make this fly by but one of how can we make it last.

With that I am heading for a few much needed days in the mountains. My heart and soul need some recovery and time in whistler, the Rockies and the Kootneys will do just the trick. It has been a long time coming but to be honest, where I stand. Life is pretty close to perfect.









No comments:

Post a Comment