Tuesday, December 20, 2011

everlasting light

I was hoping I'd have more to write. To be honest by brain feels mostly empty for the first time in months. I went from going as hard as I could, even harder sometimes, to a dead halt. From 5 hours sleep max to 12 hours min. From takeout food to home cooked bliss. I am in shock and I am taking it out on my writing.

The bustle of school and city is easily other worlds from this place. I would like to say I have just transplanted to a small mountain time for some R and R but ... we live outside of town. If there was no big orange bridge across the lake we would be in the boonies, or at least be a lot more dependant on our canoe for groceries and such. My days are filled with less and less and I am taking the time to enjoy the nothing I am doing.

My creativity is allocated to activities that can be done in front of the TV while watching christmas movies. This comes primarily in the form of feather earring creations and photo editing. An exercise in using my hands but very rarely my brain. It is nice.

So that's it. I am embracing the relaxation, the slowness, the nothing. A lot of sunrises and sunsets with space between. In a few days it will be back to city living and I won't know what hit me.







No comments:

Post a Comment