Friday, September 19, 2014

After a Good Nap

Another long day but another good one. The power in authenticity is huge. Sometimes I forget this, forget what it feels like to not put on a costume and go into the world acting the part of someone else. For me I find when there's nothing to lose, that's when I am most able to have the courage to show up as I truly am and not as the person others expect me to be, hope me to be. Solving real problems and seeing the pieces come together in front of my eyes is like nothing else and it's so easy to forget how quickly that happens when you are not wasting your time on what others think, or even what you think you should be doing.

As I weigh the options in front of me I can feel the strengths that have been hibernating shake off the dust like a great bear in the first light of spring. I had forgotten my slight edge in favour of trying to get better at something that will never be my differentiator. The muscle memory is still there. That which lights me up is chomping at the bit ready to get down to it.

All of this comes down to intuition. I've let her rest on the shelf for a while now, it's been just too long looking around and making choices with just my mind and what little information I have on hand. I've made some decisions my gut strongly disagreed with and ended up exhausted and unable to replenish. The last few days everything has started to change. Being in nature and out of the constant hum of the city gave me the boost I needed. That coupled with a week of inspiration and practice in authenticity has left me feeling anything but vulnerable. I'm ready to take on the uncertainty ahead, after a good nap perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment