Saturday, September 20, 2014

Just an Ordinary Week

This week has been very ordinary. I went to the gym, worked at the office, had no evening plans and didn't get out of the city. But sitting on the couch this evening after the third or so hour of Netflix I realized it's been the best week in a long time. Spontaneous date nights with my man, strong showings at the gym, taking the power back in my relationship with my career, meeting wonderful folks. It's been an exceptional week in it's normality.

I think, if nothing else, the difference is gratitude and letting go of some of the small things. I am sure someday, when my superpowers reach full force, that I will be able to control everything, including all reactions, but in the mean time giving less of a shit has given me more free time to go on gluten free ice cream sandwich dates with my man  and take the dog to brunch (and the PR agency).  Being grateful for these opportunities lets them shine and the more I am aware of how lucky (a combination of timing, skill, handwork and intuition) I am the better my days seem to go.

So ordinary is just fine with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment