Sunday, June 26, 2011

Let me forget about today until tomorrow.

I am pretty liberal with my use of the phrase "figuring out my life". I use it when I am actually trying to figure out what is my next step, my end goal down the line but also when I need to clean my room (daily). I use it when I need to make appointments or catch up on correspondence, I feel like I am perpetually trying to figure out my life in either the macro or micro form.

In my ever overflowing creative mind I am always trying to do a little of everything at once, not too efficient but sometimes oh so lovely. I feel like my time, energy and excitement is dripping, constantly needing to be caught, like drops of milky ice cream running down the sides of the cone on a hot Kootney day, needing to be licked up with every passing moment.  It is a funny thing to be overfull of what I want to get done and thought in a day and then getting sidetracked at a moments notice.

Fortunately summer, if it ever stays here in Van, is just such a time. Trying new things, dabbling in old passions long forgotten in cold winters. Letting the cone overflow just a bit and embracing and revelling in the sticky hands that result. Not a time for worrying about figuring life out and yet... it's funny what happens when you aren't looking.




No comments:

Post a Comment