Sunday, June 19, 2011

Need not to find a cure for all that makes you weak.

Not really sure what brings me to put fingers to keys tonight. I have been fairly in the moment as of late. Trying not to over think, trying not to over plan. It is good for me. Victory in the challenge of it. It has allowed me to be up for anything. Given me some piece of mind from being so futuristic. It all works out in the end.

I am blessed you see. I have the best of friends. People who have my back through thick and thin. Bruised broken or in the best of shape they are right there to support me. In return I offer colour to their lives. I was listening to a song this evening... which of course I will attach for you. I was listening to it and what I finally am starting to get is that perfection is boring and inhuman. Dig deep but let others in. Let them into your life, maybe into your bed, definitely into you social group. Let them support you, fill in some chinks in that armour while simultaneously letting in a little light too. Follow your heart. It is often smarter than it lets on.

So what would I save from a fire.... I know this came up a couple weeks ago. I haven't let go of the idea. I spent parts of last week reorganizing my tiny room here and realized there are very few things I am so attached to I couldn't live without. Sure there are photos and books in other homes that I would hate to part with but if I had rescue from a fire tonight... here's what I would take.







1) My cowboy hat. Long summers at camp, dusty stampede days. Irreplaceable
2) Red MacBook. Memories, photos, journals. My creative life in a few pounds. It is my ticket to getting what I want. I would save it in a heartbeat.
3) White iPhone 4. The reason I survive living in a new city. My world at my fingertips.
4) Harmonica in C. The only of my 3 favourite instruments that fits in my pocket. Bob Dylan.
5) Pewter flask with initials. My girls gave me this one when I turned 18. Kind of a big deal.
6) Kilt pin and white ribbon. From the defining years of my life. These held me together, pins and ribbons.
7) Travel journals. Debauchery and life lessons in a few short volumes.
8) Tiny Canon point and shoot. I am not going to lie... most of my winter photography comes from this thing.
9) Assorted jewellery. Mostly heirlooms and family pieces (missing are my grandmother's pearls which are being restrung). things I want my daughters to have a chance to wear. Things that remind me where I came from.
10) Not pictured - my Canon Rebel Xsi. My pride and joy.


So that's it. Hope your weekend was as simply epic as mine. Big Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment