Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting to say I love you, yeah. (music edition part...)

It's funny what feeling better and some good music will do to you.  I used to walk down 17th ave, coffee in hand headphones on ears and get lost in that world. The music blocking out everything else gave the cityscape new life. I felt like I was in a movie, acutely aware of the scents of coffee and exhaust and restaurants getting ready for the next meal. I was aware of each breath of wind on my collar bones, on my shoulder blades if I was lucky enough for it to be summer, across my cheeks. It never ceased to make me smile. A real smile, heartfelt and willing to connect with those around me. This morning, here in this big city, it happened to me. I felt strangely nostalgic as the corners of my lips lifted, the breeze against my shins, set out to get some colour on this beautiful day. I smiled at those around me, had a bit of a skip in my step. Considering the neon orange sundress I was wearing I must have been a sight!

Music is integral to this process. It is in everything I do. There is hardly a moment where I don't have an iPod, CD or laptop on, playing something or other. My sister has refined musical taste, many of my friends like a little of everything from A to Z. I can't define what I listen to by genre. I love music that brings up lost memories, that transports me, that says what I can't when I just don't have the words. I love music that inspires.  Here is what has been on the last few days, lots of summery girly pop since the weather is finally cooperating and some other tunes for good measure! (MBF's Suzie... just melting my heart)
















No comments:

Post a Comment