Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Where us or this starts

You maverick you, I thought to myself sitting down to write this aft. What gives you the right to think you should spend this time blogging and not getting work done? Nothing was the correct answer, but in this strange stolen moment I am grateful for the quiet, the early hour and the feeling of indulgence of writing here instead of in my marketing assignment.

Life is going at hyper speed these days. Every week, every day, every hour is a shift in the learning curve. I am always astounded when learning and development happen in fast forward and this is unlike anything I have experienced. I am slightly shocked by the thoughts in my head, the words that come out of my mouth to describe what I understand.  It's easy, so easy I find to get wrapped up in the ins and outs, the details of what is going on. The big picture seems like a distant dream, blurry and lacking all essential features and the short term is blindingly clear. Getting in your own head and staying there is hard to avoid. My own stories about my life, what I was up to, how I was faring were too significant for me to wonder what others may think, what they may see in me that I can't.

And so slowly I am finding out. Everyone is in the same boat. Everyone doubts their own experience and knowledge, at least to some extent, and it seems as if most people believe everyone else is great, everyone contributes. It is reassuring as we go through this that we are not alone. With all our minor insecurities and our gratitude at the company we share we can't help but be lucky and find inspiration in it. We are each others mirrors of greatness.








No comments:

Post a Comment