Tuesday, September 13, 2011

While I should have been reading IT Management...

Reframing is something we have been looking at a lot lately in class. Like a camera kit for photographers, the lens we view and react to our world through has a profound impact on our experiences. 
The frame I have recently decided on is one of learning for the sake of knowing more. I sometimes slip into the trap of being upset by how little knowledge or experience I have in some aspects of the curriculum. I am learning what I know I don't know and getting a glimmer of the magnitude of what I don't know I don't know. It can be a little overwhelming and sometimes downright daunting. Looking at this from a different angle takes off some of the pressure.
Coming to class, and really any experience these days, with a lens of learning has a huge impact on how fun it is and how rewarding. Each moment is an opportunity to know more, contribute more effectively, run a better business and perhaps live a life that is a little more interesting. Seeing this as an opportunity it is easy to be more engaged and honestly it's more fun than seeing it as testable material or something to be anxious about.
So new lenses, new frameworks. Sometimes this is all it takes to get through, to make the most of it. To see the world with a different perspective.







1 comment:

  1. Speaking of reframing...
    I will sometimes re-read one of my favorite speeches, by David Foster Wallace at my alma mater, just to bring me back down to earth:
    http://bit.ly/4y7qwp
    (Annie)

    ReplyDelete