Wednesday, November 30, 2011

But I came to love you.

I am a lazy believer in Karma. I often feel that the good things I do in life will bring me good down the way and that I will inevitably get bit in the ass for my un-intergral, ungenerous actions. I don't normally see the correlation immediately but am safely happy in the idea that it is all balancing out at some point. Funny enough lately I feel that the connections, repercussions, and generosity in my life are more clear. Instead of invisible and unnoticed it seems to pull a long shimmering strand through my life. Someone brings something amazing into my possibilities and in turn something good happens to them as a result of my actions. This subtle and yet vivid reality is bringing light to my grey days and in turn making them a lot more manageable right now as exams and projects threaten to overwhelm me.

The way I take pictures is often a very clear picture of where I stand with myself at the time. When I go hunting through my neighbourhood I am often seeking connection, finding beauty in the ordinary, trying to set roots and dig deep. When I am engrossed in sky and land and mountains, oceans deep, I am often pondering the future, and the past. Where I came from and where I am going. The big picture. My somewhat excessive obsession with iPhone photography comes from a deep need for quick art. The kind I can produce in a moment, on the fly. I do it to complement my otherwise hectic lifestyle. I do it to remind myself where my heart lies. Today was new for me. Shooting photos for someone else, for a purpose and timeline outside my own.  I jumped at the opportunity and learned quickly what it meant to be a photographer in a way I hadn't really understood before. I am not sure what this means. I think it means I may just be confident enough to learn something new and work for someone else's vision, not just my own.

Either way it was more fun than studying the airline industry for our big exam tomorrow. It was hard to find motivation today. The sun was out, low in the sky, casting a warm glow on the city all day. I drove to and from Campus with the windows down, the sunroof back and basking in the light. I turned the radio up and put sunglasses on and felt at home. Felt like perhaps I won't be so quick to get up and leave this place.

For your driving tunes and ultimate enjoyment!









No comments:

Post a Comment