Sunday, April 10, 2011

You show the lights that stop me.

There is nothing. nothing. Like the first easy Sunday afternoon of spring. In a city where it can all change in a skipped heart beat this is one of the true simple pleasures that is celebrated by all. For some it is a pair of boots exchanged for flip flops. For others it is breaking out the bike for the first ride of the season. For me, today, it was thick wool socks tucked into suede boots and a skirt short enough to proclaim, SPRING IS HERE.

I celebrated by wandering 17th for a coffee and later, a few drinks. I ran into other dear friends who were simply doing the same. Everyone seemed to have time to enjoy this taste of what was to come. Everyone seemed to 'get it' that this sunny afternoon was more important than what ever else there was to be done. Though I was undeniably unproductive  I wouldn't have changed today for the world.

Oh, and I found this...

No comments:

Post a Comment