Monday, February 14, 2011

Follow the wind that pushes me west back to my bed.

This Valentines day was not unlike others in the past. I hadn't made plans with any handsome young suitors, there were no roses, no chocolates from admirers. I didn't have to put a real bra on for dinner.  There was a sneaking distinction though. This year it was about me. It was about what I want. Over the past few weeks I have fallen for myself. Hard. There is something in the confidence of being who you are no matter what that attracts amazing people and opportunities into you life. I have re-discovered this and am in love with the person who was always there but who I had pushed down, who I had covered up to be someone else.

So this Valentines day was different. Instead of being dateless by circumstance I choose to forgo offers instead to spend the evening with friends, family and delicious food. I am happy to be my own date this year. It is finally ok. I celebrated with a soy latte this morning, with listening to corny pop songs LOUD in my car on the way to work. I curled my hair and wore cute shoes. I enjoyed the warm air, the sun, the time to create. I celebrated.


 So peace and love to all. This day can mean what ever you want it to, so make it count. As a good friend of mine says "love is the ultimate renewable resource" and it all starts with loving your self first and foremost.  Cheesiest post yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment