Thursday, February 3, 2011

Trust Your Heart if the Seas Catch Fire.


Restorative Thursdays on the Blissology Project always seems to come right when I need them. I woke up early in Vancouver this morning and came home to a city covered in snow, an empty fridge and a dirty house (don't tell my mum). To be honest, I was wiped. To add insult to injury, literally, I seem to have broken my foot, skiing Whistler on Tuesday, and walking or standing is reasonably excruciating. I spent my afternoon doing both. The warm bliss of the ocean still clinging to my skin, my heart, and  the inside of my nostrils, intoxicating. I just couldn't shake it. My heart and mind were on fire with what was both a possibility and a past all in one. I was tired and sore when I got home tonight and coming to my mat, relaxing, going through the flow was just what I needed. As I practiced my stiff ankle felt a little more mobile. My mind started to relax, the initial salutations ebbing and flowing like the waves I had spent my week watching through the lens of my camera. I just needed this to ground me. It never ceases to amaze me how even a short practice can do so much for our bodies and for our minds.

So simply, "Trust your heart if the seas catch fire." - E.E. Cummings.

No comments:

Post a Comment