Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Not all those who wander are lost.

There is nothing like re-dicovering your love for you self by re-discovering your love for a place. I arrived here five days ago and was instantly transformed... back to who I had been and who I had always loved being. I was picked up by 3 old friends, 2 in suits with an 8 foot sign that I managed to miss seeing until the last minute, and as we started to catch up I was a little shocked by what was coming out of my mouth. I was fun, funny, confident, interacting with authenticity. That was the good part, the bad part was that the words in my mouth sounded and felt nostalgic, like slipping into the ocean after long years of living on the prairies. I hadn't felt like this in a long time and I hadn't even realized it. We all do and act in ways that people tell us will make us more successful, more productive, get the results they think are significant, and faster. Realizing I lost who I was to be this person who I never really wanted to be was a bit of a shock. I had become a bit of a robot in fact. Talking the talk of someone not me.

As I fell in love with Vancouver and myself all over again the picture got clearer and clearer. I survived another February 1st, rekindled the spark with best friends, got more free life and business coaching than I could ever ask for, and handed some out too. Right now I am on the fast track to living my life the way I envision it. This can't stop now. I can't go back to who I have been becoming. No matter how efficient and strategic it would make me. I have never counted those two attributes amongst my strengths and am happy in the rich subtleties that I have developed as a result of taking the road less travelled, of taking the long way, of making mistakes, doing what feels right and living passionately in the results that emerge. I can only write down my declaration to be who I have been, to be the spark, the light, the anchor, the wide winged mama bird.

 It was once written that "Not all those who wander are lost", I am a firm believer in this idea. In our fast paced world of fad diets, get rich quick schemes and the need to push further, faster and bigger I get boundless joy and growth from simply being, taking the ways which move me and living in authenticity. Going forward This is what I take a stand for. This personal exploration, bliss following joy. This is worthing fighting for.



2 comments:

  1. I hope that this means you will be moving to Vancouver sooner!
    I will meet you at the airport in my suit again if that helps make your decision easier.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete