Saturday, February 12, 2011

No time to think of consequence

Days that start hungover have a miraculous way of creating reality and, in a twist of irony, dreams as well. Today, the pieces fell into place. I have been living in a bit of a fantasy for the past couple days. The endless possibilities before me allowed me the freedom to say say, when asked "what are you going to do?" simply what ever I wanted and with no timeline or accountability. Today I took the step and put down a foundation for the next few months. In those moments all the consequences and decisions that came with moving forward reared their challenging little heads. I had to start setting dates, for exams, for deadlines, for moving to a new city. Instead of a flakey make-believe-world it was all becoming very real. For the first time in a week my chest tightened around my light but fragile heart. This is all really happening now, I can't just sit back in the bleachers and let life happen to me, I on the field in full force. What also came of all this was the amazing possibilities that were becoming realities. I was fulfilling a big ticket item on the bucket list, making the moves to be where I want to be, doing what I want to be doing. I was solidifying relationships and enjoying life. Ahh hangover days. Thank you for your insight and brutal reality. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment