Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Give faith a fighting chance

Re-connection.

It happens to the best of us I think. Those friends or acquaintances who show up in your life when timing dictates. Often apart for years, when they re-emerge it is like it was yesterday you last saw them but with so much more richness of experience.

These are some of the experiences I value most. Like milestones, old friends can help you see how far you've come and perhaps, where you need to go next. They are like a map, tracing your past to the present.  It is with this in mind that have decided to keep a daily reminder of what I am grateful for. Each day to record with certainty at least one thing that helps to mark the little steps forward, or where ever they may lead. Life has been hectic to say the least these past few weeks and I would hate to skip over an opportunity to learn from in, to enjoy it, to remind myself that I am keeping up with the flow... most days at least.

So this morning I am grateful for connection and re-connection. I am grateful for the friends who have come into my life recently and for those who have shown up, practically on my door step, full of new insight and ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment