Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happiest Birthday Heart Skipped a Beat.


My baby turns one today. This blog may just be the only thing I've committed to for this long and if you'd asked me a year ago what would come of it I wouldn't have a single answer for you. I was just so inspired and involved in learning I couldn't keep it to myself anymore.

In this year I can say with certainty I have done more things that scare me almost to the point of freezing than possibly in the rest of my short but exciting life! I have learned more about myself, what I want, don't want, can't live without. I've taken bigger risks and started to see the rewards.

It all hit home two days ago. An old friend dropped me a line letting me know she had an opportunity for me to write and photograph for a blog. For real. For money. If you had asked me a year ago if I was a writer I would have never replied yes. Now, I am grateful and a little shocked that this is something that is part of who I am. It is incredible.

Writing as often as I do has taught me a lot and helped me recognize the transformations in a more tangible way. I find I am much more aware of what's going on, both around me and in my own life. I am able to challenge myself and see the results down the line. It keeps me on track, keeps me grounded in this.

And as I write this on the bus, in between classes on my phone and in our building before meetings I can’t help but be in wonder that people read what I write. Even if it was just one person that would make me so incredibly happy but more than that, astounding?  I am so blessed. Thank you all for making this last year such an incredible journey. Thank you for reading my words… and still wanting to read them the next day.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Blog Birthday, you are a beautiful being and have shared wonderful words and insite! Write on!

    ReplyDelete