Saturday, October 1, 2011

Barefoot Blue Jean Night

Here's whats going on.

I've been listening to a lot of country lately. This has had a direct correlation to how much I have learned about love over the last few weeks. I didn't want to admit it but there is something about a country song, cowboys with deep voices singing about guitars and pickups and how great country girls are gets this girl's heart all a flutter. I will admit that I never really listened to country except at the bar, primarily during stampede, until this spring when I met someone deeply passionate about a good country tune. Maybe it's just me, maybe you can take the girl out of Alberta but the longer you take her the more the Alberta shines through or maybe I am just finally cool with embracing my roots that are not even really mine. Anyway there is something about a song about good old fashion love and two stepping to it.

Long story short this influx of my type of romance has got me hyper aware of all types of love. I see my classmates and their partners and know that they have it figured out. I get emails from my parents, including photos that make them look like they are newlyweds on their honey moon, I fall more and more in love with this city every day and sometimes forget to breathe because I am distracted by its strange beauty, a symphony of contradictions. I am also head over heels with life right now. For some reason it seems a great experiment in being exactly who I want to be. I am startled when people say things to me that make me believe that I am finally acting in line with the person I have always wanted to be. No more act, or less of one, just me. Take it or leave it.

Though no country song, tailgate romance has found its way to me I have been lucky enough to find a different kind of love. I am fortunate to have the greatest friends anyone could ask for. They are coming by the boatload it seems these days and my heart sings at the opportunity. The more I learn  the more I share the more people seem to open up, rely on me and I must admit, I am loving every second. My golden girl and I got into a conversation the other day, as we do. She was coaching me, shockingly or not, on some romantic issues in my life and a bunch of other stuff came up. Though my take aways in the area I requested coaching in were impactful I walked away from our conversations with a gratitude and love for this lady that made my heart swell.

So that's it. That is what's up in my crazy life right now. Love.








No comments:

Post a Comment