Sunday, January 1, 2012

Annual Review.

I started 2012 a little apprehensively. 2011 had been such an epic, almost perfect year, that was I superstitiously dreading its end. I know this is unreasonable and little, if nothing has changed since yesterday. I woke up this morning with ambitious plans. I had started a number of goal setting exercise over the past few days and my plans were to finish them over the day, hopefully providing me some direction like 2011 had. I also wanted to simply get up, grab a coffee, go for a walk and bring the paper home to read in from of the TV.

I was re-inspired walking around my city and also astounded by the fact that mid winter here is like spring in Calgary... but with less snow. I love that it was a promising start to the new year. So here is some of what I came up with...

The theme of 2012 is the year of raising the bar and playing big, this time next year everything will be different, again. 2011 was getting to where I wanted to be. To checking off BHAGs (big hairy audacious goals) I was too scared to write down on paper. 2012 is about the finishing touches and playing a bigger game.  Some of my one year goals include:

- My writing is published by Dec 2012
- I have a job lined up for Jan 2013 in training and development
- I host a goal setting/coaching workshop for my MBA class by Dec 2012
- I experience Alaska
- I ski a 20 day season (3 down, 17 to go...)
- I create a strategy to pay off my student loan

They are all little steps to getting where I want to go, wherever that may be (ps. I have a better idea that I sometimes give my self credit for or allow myself to not freak out about).

So if this is something you're interested in here is process I found helpful:
how to conduct your own annual review



So that's it for a great first day. Hope you are as excited about 2012 as I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment