Friday, January 27, 2012

light and space

It is the seemingly stolen moments that are some of the most meaningful to me these days. Writing which has nothing to do with finance, marketing, or the CSR practices of large companies is rare in my life right now and sitting here in the corner of the lounge provides me just that opportunity. Being at school before anyone else is strangely comforting. In a building that is rarely silent it is a peaceful contrast to the busyness that will erupt in a few hours. it is space. It is emptiness. Some thing that I crave right now while my whole life feels jam packed and somewhat crammed. Don't get me wrong, I feel I have space emotionally but it the physical pressure of cramped quarters, tightly packed buses, low grey sky, tall cold buildings, and high dark mountains that makes me long for expansive prairies and cerulean skies. Even open ocean would quench my thirst for space right now. 

This is why i seek out light and space. Try to surround myself with white walls, with spaces wider than my yoga mat, wedged between my bed and my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment