Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lovestain on my heart.

Soooo I have a cold. I am a huge baby about being sick. For the first time in a long time though, I didn't feel completely sorry for myself. I didn't just eat all the ice cream and popsicles and gluten I wanted 'just because i'm sick'.  I have big plans for 2011. Big Hairy Audacious Goals and none of them include not being able to do and wear exactly what I want. So I resisted. I am shocked at the will power I am gaining back. I blame it on the balance. I blame it on my friends.

I couldn't be more grateful that my life is full of people who both constantly push me and then who are simultaneously there to catch me on the other side. They have my back. I was meant to be at the airport right now picking one such friend up. ( no I am not a completely horrible person... wait for the rest of the story.) Her roommate and I had been discussing on the best way to get her from point a (Powder king originally, but the airport here in town specifically) to point b) her home on the other side of town. The executive decision was that I was going to retrieve her and following would be celebratory drinks! I was counting down the minutes until I was to leave, looking rather pathetic but feeling up for the task of a late night drive when low and behold her roommate called. Now this saint of a man, wether he knows it or not, has both our backs. He is off to pick her up as we speak and I am... as soon as the caffeine I ingested to stay awake enough to drive wears off, am off to a much needed rest.

The thing that amazes me is that I am SO incredibly lucky to be surrounded by the unique, inspiring and caring people that I am. That is what has pushed me to be who I am. That is why I get to have so much fun in my life. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment