Friday, December 31, 2010

Believe in yourself and in the future.


I understand what you might be thinking right now. ‘Wow, how cliché is it that here, on this blog, is a stereotypical year in review post. Couldn’t she think outside the box a little? Come on now’. Well I take this cliché and raise you predictability, nostalgia, and a few back in the days.

I am not going to lie, I had this whole thing mapped out in my mind. I was going to put down all the ways in which 2010 was the last thing from being the best year of my life. The more I wrote about how this year sucked the more I thought about how much I actually learned this year, how the epic times balanced out the low points, how much I took myself on this year and developed as a person. Yeah, there were tough, heartbreaking, moments in 2010 but there were enormous highs too. And beyond that, 2010 has set me up very well, I believe, for 2011.

What I learned this year:
1)    Running, not drinking and eating, is the key to getting over a breakup. (Note to future Julia: PLEASE remember this.)
2)    Taking responsibility for your life and what happens in your life is the key to getting what you want.
3)    Following your bliss is the path of least resistance. If it is meant to happen it is easy. Or at least not always excruciatingly hard.
4)    Taking risks and being vulnerable makes big things happen.
5)    All the conversations I am or was afraid of having are easier, go better, and result in more than I could ever imagine.

What I loved this year:
1)    My yoga teacher training. The place, Ucluelet BC. The people. Knowing that I can actually do anything if I have the support and don’t let myself quit.
2)    Learning that my true passions lie in photography, writing and teaching.
3)    My job. Yeah it’s been a struggle. A really freaking hard struggle but I get to do what I love every day. I get to coach and develop people to be greater AND I get to run my own business.
4)    My friends. The ones who took me out when I needed some fun, who sat at home with me on a Saturday night and got take out when we needed that. The ones that make everything we do way more fun. These are my people. I effing love them.
5)    The risks I took. None of them were huge but doing the scary things IS really more fun.

2011. Here I come:
1)    I will grow my business: photography, yoga, writing, coaching.
2)    I will be in the best shape of my life.
3)    I will have balance, I will love every second of my life.
4)    I will have adventure, take risks, reap the rewards.
5)    I will learn. As much as I can.
6)    I will Love.


So that’s it. That’s all folks for 2010. We’ll see about tomorrow.
From weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment