Thursday, January 27, 2011

When It Rains How It Pours.

I didn't practice my Blissology DVDs today. I stayed true to my commitment to yoga and mediation though. I went to a class taught by my very dear friend in and very hot room. It was mind clearing to be bending and flexing in that heat, feeling my muscles loosen under the humidity, under the warmth. I don't always practice hot yoga, sometimes because I don't like having sweaty hair for my later appointments and sometimes because I find the series intimidating,  a room full of fit sweaty people, a few or more with type-A personalities pushing harder and farther than my body really wants to go sometimes. Not tonight. Tonight was just what I needed.

Tonight I felt connected to the 5 elements that is the focus of our meditation. The water dripping off my body in the form of sweat and being replenished through my water-bottle, the firm earth beneath my feet and the rich American clay covering the walls. The fire in my core from vinyasas and intentional breathing, not to mention from the 40 degree heat on the outside of my body. The air and humidity I breathed in through out the practice clearly represented air to me. And then space. So much space. I felt very whole throughout the whole practice. It was just what I needed, a heightened awareness of my surroundings and my internal space. An hour and fifteen minutes of being pushed just hard enough for me to clear my head, even just for a while.

Tomorrow I am off to Vancouver! I am excited to practice near the ocean and to feel the water element even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment