Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stop fighting the battles.

Two amazing blog posts have fallen into my lap in the last few days. Each a different perspective on two vastly different topics.

The first from the blog of a young man working in the ski industry in Japan. I have turned off the news as of late, not out of apathy, but out of saturation of the images and stories that have been so desperately heart breaking. This post was inspiring in its poetic recounting events of the past few weeks.  Reading it brought me to tears and gave the tragedy a human voice. Check it out here. - Some music mentioned in the post to read by. The XX and Nina Simone.

The next is written by a dear friend. A young women who elevates my world every time I have a conversation with her, read her work, check out her photographs. She is both incredibly strong and vulnerable at the same time. I read her most recent post before bed last night and when I was finished searched frantically for something to write down the message I took from it. Scrawled, in  eyeliner on the back of a photo, were the words "stop fighting the battles".  Sometimes we just need to let go, let things happen in their own time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment