Friday, May 20, 2011

I chose to feel it and you couldn't choose

So I hear the world is ending tomorrow... or on October 21st 2011... or on December 21st 2012. Anyway any day I got to thinking. If I only had another 21 hours to live (oh yes, the world is ending tomorrow at 6pm. Yes, in every time zone) would I have any regrets? Anything I would scramble to complete?

As days go, today would be a pretty great last one. I spent the morning going for coffee and walking in the sun with my sister followed by a delicious and totally affordable sushi lunch. We then met up with my best friend and spent the afternoon chatting, laughing, catching up and... getting a good mani-pedi. It is still sunny here, brilliant days and long afternoon walks by the ocean with puppies.  I talked to my mum, wrote, took pictures, smiled, let the sun hit my skin. Life is good. Life is sweet. So if this had to be my last day then I would say, no regrets.

Big picture I would like to have another beer on a patio, I would sail a boat again, ride a horse and a motorcycle. I would probably drive my car fast with the windows down, I would definitely skinny dip. There are people I would call, tell them how much they really mean to me, changed my life, how much I love them, how I have for a long time and I would tell the people who I never found the time or words to say it to.

It's a comforting feeling to know that if the world really was to end tomorrow I would be ok. Probably underwater and not breathing so much but there are very few things left undone. The things I have left, there are not so hard to accomplish in theory, a few phone calls, not many more than a handful of words. Some of them I will make, some of them I will continue to put off the way I have for this long. Seems that even the end of the world isn't enough to allow my self to be that vulnerable.

So here's to tomorrow. See you all on the other side. The other side of what? Likely, tomorrow afternoon.

Big Love to all of you.







No comments:

Post a Comment