Thursday, May 5, 2011

Perfect is Boring.

So yesterday I was pretty much the ugliest version of myself. My hair looked fine yes, and I pulled off my lovely new scarf but, as a human being, I kind of sucked at life. I let go of all the training, all the wisdom that I had collected over the last few years and just had a full on pitty party. I get it, we are allowed these  once in a while, but it is just a version of myself I am adverse to. Funny enough, that makes me even more upset.

The lovely thing about days like that is that they are usually a good kick in the pants. I woke up this morning understanding what must be done. Just pull up my socks and stop putting off what I can control. That and run. Running always seems to solve the issues of life.

I also saturated myself in quotes. I know it might sound cheesy, or corny (why do all references to something sentimental and a little stereotypical involve food?) but reading the wise words of those who came before always gives me perspective, often makes me smile and sometimes moves me to inspiration.

Here are some from yesterday. ( I will give credit where it is known, sorry about the rest of you!)

"Perfect is Boring"

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas A. Edison

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

"‎Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you because one day, you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars."

"Most of us give up too early, failure is absolute essential in life. If we never fail, how can we possibly succeed? Cause we can only extend ourself to the limit of what we know, failure teaches us what we dont know. Of course you're gonna fall down, but its your way, and when you reach the end, you'll get something." - Bryce Courtenay

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." - Benjamin Franklin

"You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honour." - Aristotle

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." - E. E. Cummings

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.” - C.S. Lewis

"Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?"

"Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.
" - Swedish Proverb 

“You get to the top and it’s just flat up there. There’s nothing there. So it’s how you climb there, how
you got there is what’s important.” -Yvon Chouinard

"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life."

“There’s nothing more dangerous than someone who wants to make the world a better place.” –Banksy

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." -
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Where you are is never who you are. You are always more. Infinitely more."

What these are all saying is that it is who you choose to be that defines who you are and where you are going. Perfect is boring and being vulnerable is exciting. Makes those rough days a little smoother don't you think?










No comments:

Post a Comment