Thursday, May 26, 2011

Raise your glass.

I had my perfect Vancouver moment tonight. Walking out of the sky train station the salt air and cool breeze hit my nostrils. After a couple wonderful but tumultuous days I finally felt like I was home. It feels like this is becoming my city.

Making 'grown up' decisions and dealing with their consequences is something I am getting used to these days and the confidence that comes with making these choices is starting cause and upward spiral. The right choices are tough, there will be downs with the ups but I found that when I am pursuing what truly resonates with me it flows. Things just work out. Maybe not at the time I want them to but they do work out.

The good news keeps rolling in and I am going to be in this city for at least the next year and a half. I hung my first piece of art on the wall. Something that I was avoiding doing, always having thoughts of going home in the back of my mind. Not willing to put down roots. Now I see it is essential. If I am to grow, to get anywhere here I need to start.

Since the end of February I have been holding on to the idea that everything is ok. That I just go with the flow, let life happen to me. It has been driving me a little crazy, pushing down the fear of the uncertainty as much as I could just to keep afloat. Now that my future, at least the next year and a half or so, are spread out before me, all those built up nerves are finally letting go. A bit of an overwhelming process but I feel so much better for it. I have the weekend ahead to put down some solid foundations, pick up some misplaced pieces and start creating.

I am incredibly grateful for everyone who helped me get here. Without this amazing support I don't know what would have happened. Now I look forward to the next step, to paying it back, to paying if forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment