Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cool heads have failed now it's time to have my turn

A lesson on being.

I am a high achiever, wether the book 'Strengths Finder' says so or not. I like results, I like titles, I like measurable accomplishments. Often I get trapped in excuses and in mediocracy because I am so intensely afraid of failing, or worse, of quitting. Last week and the week prior I decided to do everything, all at once, that I thought might get me out of this place I feel stuck in. Yoga, Meditation, Running, Not Eating Anything Fun, Being the Best Assistant Manager in Existence.  It all fell apart this weekend in one foul swoop. I was exhausted, I was so consumed with being who I thought I should be and not with who I am and who I am becoming.

Today I came back to my mat. I practiced my Wednesday Blissology disc, threw in a few handstands on the end because I was feeling feisty and then did the manifestation meditation. Not surprisingly I feel a thousand time better than I did before. The manifestation aspect of the day was what really hit home. It really speaks to the idea of being perfect, whole and complete in the moment and using the power of positive thought to transform the choices and possibilities of the future. Instead of getting myself down for not being as thin or fit as I would like, for not always eating the healthiest, running the fastest, practicing the hardest postures I am filled with a peace knowing that today I am where I need to be. That I am grateful that I am healthy, that I have access to nutritious food, that I CAN run, that I am flexible, strong and open enough to practice the postures I can and do. And going forward... well I am focused on being happy for the little steps. They add up. Leaping ahead too quickly is where I miss the moments that matter, the brilliant Alberta sky, coffees with friends, hammock time.

Yes. Today was a lesson on being.

No comments:

Post a Comment