Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Run fast for your mother, run fast for your father, run for your children and your sisters and brothers

2011. This is the year where I will try anything. Live any possible life that I have contemplated. For me it is about just showing up and letting that take me forward.

It kind of started small. Just setting the goals, no matter how impossible they seemed. Now it's snowballing. I have claimed for ever that  I am not a runner. My regional manager came up with the idea that perhaps we should all run a half marathon together. That almost literally scared the pants right off me so of course, being 2011 and all I decided that the only logical thing to do was jump on that band wagon.

now, if this whole blog entry only makes minimal sense I apologize. I have put my poor little body through more today than I have in a while and it is taking revenge on my easily distracted brain.

So anyway. Tonight was my first run with the run clinic I joined. now as pathetic as it sounds I was so incredibly intimidated to even sign up that getting to the actual running part is a bit of a miracle. The way I think about it, and all my goals right now, is if I set them and show up, well that's half the battle. Hell that's almost the whole darn thing! Like John Wayne once said "Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyways".  And these things don't even scare me to death! How lucky am I? Thanks to John Wayne tonight I was the slowest in the group. I got lost. Was late coming back. And I had one hell of a great time. I think running might be the only activity that actually produces enough heat in a person to make the kinds of temperatures we braved tonight bearable. Well I might be able to thing of another but no one likes frostbite on those parts.

Long store short. This run was the first step of many for me this year to becoming the person I need to be. I demand greatness of my self. I will show up and let life take on the rest. Run Fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment