Saturday, January 22, 2011

A freight train running through the middle of my head only you can cool my desire

When something comes like lightning from a clear sky on a warm summers night, the rain just feels right. The flash summer prairie storms cleanse the earth from the dust and drought of the long hot days. The long dog days of hard work, sometimes monotony, occasional drudgery of a persistent going forward to no clear end are renewed by the clear warm drops that soak everything back to the inner good. It is these unexpected storms that sprout seeds, nurture trees, cool the calves in the field. Sometimes lightning from a clear sky on a warm summers night, the rain just feels right.

In a grand feat of synchronicity I was blessed enough to have the weekend I have had. It is the luck of making no plans and having every single piece of the puzzle drop into the right place. The cherry on top, has been this evening. Tonight celebrated the culmination of dreams and the dreamers who were bold enough, had faith in them selves and in the future enough to turn these into a vivd and simply stunning reality. It was not the easiest road. I can't imagine what feats of strength and luck played into the success but it was the singular key to knowing that this kind of life is a possibility. Following your bliss DOES result in living the life you thought you could only imagine. One of the dreamers said tonight, "What do you do now" someone had asked her "When you have achieved your life's dream at 27?" " I think I will just stay here and enjoy it for a while". (sorry for the slight paraphrasing... the proseco has made it a little blurry). The point is, by simply going after what she wanted she achieved her vision... at 27.

This is what I want. This is what I will do. To boot, another dear friend was there. She is the most amazing artist, who specializes in print making. She is the person I look up to. Her art is her rock. She knows that it will be extremely successful. She refuses to believe anything less. I will be there. At the end of the day I know what I want. I can see it so clearly it is like looking at the back of my hand in front of me, the scars and freckles burned into my memory. I will take pictures. I will teach. I will run successful businesses. I will meet someone who wants to come on this journey too and have a family full of dreamers and doers.

I am overwhelmed, sitting in my studio under the peaked ceilings of my little home. This is first time I have honoured myself and this space by using it for what it was created to be. My creative sanctuary. What ever fortuitous events brought me in to the moment tonight, surrounded by exceptional people, all willing to do what makes them happy, I am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment