Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I know he'd be a poorer man if he never saw an eagle fly


To Love… For Saving Me.

Last night I spent the evening watching films exemplifying humans in love with their surroundings, with how far they could control their fear, with how far their love and desire would allow them to fly. Literally fly. One of the dedications, for a film about a young German man who walked across China, was simply “ to Love, for Saving Me’. This hit home hard, it put the whole night in context.

I couldn’t shake it this morning when I woke up and went to work, though my whole day, through my first yoga practice and until I found my self on my mat, at about 8:30 this evening. Unlike most days, I started my Blissology practice with a meditation instead of with my physical practice. Today’s mediation focused on manifesting what you desire in your life in balance with what will benefit our world. This aligned so closely with my previous evening at the Banff Mountain Film Fest that I was startled. As the meditation progressed love began to fill my heart like a bright gold light. What I wanted for myself, and those around me was simply, love, the feeling of a greater energy that drives us, for a deeper connection, for others to share our passions with. Next, the mediation moved on to what we would manifest for the world, for our greater global community. What arose was the hope, the promise, of spectacular natural wilderness for future generations. In my mind I was walking through tall evergreens under a brilliant sun, as I walked great gray mountains rose before me. So love and nature. Who knew?!

Alas, my asana practice wasn’t nearly as smooth sailing. It was a struggle for me to focus, to go through the flows, to twist and lengthen my side body. I was grateful to come to the end, to lay in savasana and let the whole day flow over me. As I lay there breathing, letting my low back sink into my mat, I thought of all the men in those climbing movies from the night before. Their climbs weren’t without tough goes, they had to modify plans to reach the goals, to keep following the paths they had laid out. Sometimes it is ok just to get through practice and find your self at the end, in peace.
All in all, a very successful Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment