Monday, November 8, 2010

If you had three, you'd give me two.

2 things refresh my soul. Mountains and Friendships. At the end of this week of growth and transformation a weekend that was saturated by both was more than I, or anyone, could ask for.

My heart is so full I feel it has grown three sizes and soon will no longer fit in my chest. Extraordinary.

Our purpose in Banff was two-fold. First we were cheering on the runners in the Winter Start race, trying to bring them some joy on the rainy cold night as they ran their hearts out. The second mission was to show our wise and golden friend from central Canada a little bit of why we all live in this changeable province. The fact of the matter is that very little is more fun than welcoming someone to their first Banff adventure. Re-exploring old haunts and plenty of "that's where I used to grocery shop, run, live, etc". Banff new comers also always remind me how lucky I am to live near our ruggedly comforting mountains. It is easy to fall in love with them all over again when your companion repeats how spectacular they are over and over again.

I have also been given a gift of friendship this weekend. It has been so comforting to solidify burgeoning relationships and re-forge old ones. My heart is warm by the love and support that was exchanged over the last few days.  One of my best friends has also been around more often. Living in BC we don't keep in touch as much as I would like but my inbox has been filled with a multitude of texts, songs, photos lately and it is the next best thing to having him close by. This is his latest gift.



 It has been such a week of discovery and it is made more wonderful by being topped of with great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment