Thursday, November 4, 2010

The kids will just want a love song.

I have been MIA for a few days I know. I have been MIA from my own life for a while. Doing everything I could to get by, looking like I had it all together. Ok, not TOTALLY looking like I had it all together. Fortunately for my sanity and my relationships a switch was flipped. Tuesday morning I was given a gift.

What was supposed to be a simple goal coaching turned into a 2 (and a bit hours) of dealing with my shit. All that responsibility, stubbornness, not indulging in risk taking (or at least  not anything more than extremely calculated risk taking) was really just this lovely facade that meant I didn't really listen, was never really present. Basically I have been missing out on my own life. I was lucky enough to get some tools to alleviate these things and start to get back on track to getting what I want, to having the legacy that means so much to me. Funny enough it has already made me happier, made the tightness in my chest and that sinking feeling in my stomach ease up, even go away completely at times. Even more so, in 24 and a bit short hours, I found I am connecting to my friends, my staff, our customers on a level that is so much more supportive, genuine and impactful. I can't express in type how joyful this makes me. I am ecstatic.


 I never really understood how exhausting it is to be someone you are not.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment