Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm just a dreamer, but I'm hanging on

The Hangover is easily one of my favourite movies. It, along with a singular episode of How I Met Your Mother (the Jessica Glitter and Robin Sparkles duo can't be topped) can lift my mood no matter how deep in it I am in. There is something so endearing about 4 boys (and no, I don't mean men) on a quest for something greater than themselves with diminished capacity to do so (based on being intensely drugged, drunk and most likely exhausted the night before their great adventure). I felt a great camaraderie with the hangover boys today as I watched the movie for what seemed like the thousandth time and not because of our previous evenings. While they had the night of their lives I have had a weary few weeks fighting off what I can only assume is the flu. They didn't catch a wink of sleep... it seems as though that is all I do, though I do enjoy the luxurious idea of naps it is getting a little bit old. They didn't feel so hot during the day, me neither. I will admit though that minor flu symptoms, even for prolonged periods of time, is WAY better than heat stroke, pulled teeth and the worst hangover in the history of movie making.

Beyond the jokes I am incredibly frustrated. It is a challenge to be awake long enough to put in a day at work and when I get home I simply fall on the couch and sleep. This is NOT who I am, not who I want to be. My weekends are filled with long naps, lethargy  and a complete inability to do the things I want to to the extent I wish to do them. I am not sick enough to feel like I can't but I am feeling too exhausted to do.

Lastly, I don't complain. Or at least not often. I am looking for a solution and any help  you have would be SO welcome. I am eating as cleanly as I can ( I know that's not too specific or measurable). Get as much sleep as is available to me (at least 8 hours!). I am practicing very gentle yoga, drinking lots of tea, oil of oregano and all my vitamins. Help a sister out!

Peace and love... and I hope if you are under the weather it is as a result of an epic hangover and not a never ending flu...

No comments:

Post a Comment