Tuesday, November 30, 2010

love don't live here anymore

I have been living with a weighty choice for years now. Something that lays heavy on my heart like a warm hudson's bay blanket. I have ran to and from both options. Each bares with it lusty highs and sinking lows. The great debate.

Will it be Vancouver, home of the gray, annoying hockey fans, and that intangible feeling that makes me understand in my heart that I am home?

Or is it Calgary, brash, freezing, an unmistakable down home, small town feeling and surrounded by all. that. prairie?

Seriously the list of pros for Vancouver is lengthy.
- My career goals would be significantly easier to achieve living in the city of yoga and head-stretchy-pant-offices.
- My dearest friends reside between water and mountains, for the most part. And I miss them
- I would get to see my favourite fake niece and her father would stop harassing me to come visit
- Running by the ocean. Enough said.
- Being near my dearest childhood kindred spirit
- Cheap. Sushi.
- Ferries.
- Squamish MacDonalds.
- Howe Sound.
- My yoga family.
- That inexplainable feeling of getting off the plane at YVR and knowing I am both at home and starting out on a great adventure at the same time.
- The cost of living would cut down on my consumption and my waistline

Why Van is Loco.
- Grey. Gray. Gris.
- Damp. Wet. Un-dry.
- Parking = seriously?
- Driving is a kin to taking ones life into ones hands.
- HST
- The cost of living would cut down on my consumption and my waistline
- The cost of losing some of the magic by being a permanent resident
- Canucks
- Canucks fans

... ah my inability to stay awake for long periods of time is taking over. Tomorrow night... Calgary!

No comments:

Post a Comment