Sunday, October 24, 2010

Baby baby don't you stop, up on that mountain top.

By the grace of something great another addictive album by another favourite band has fallen into my possession. Having a strong affinity to these boys, through study sessions in the library of our alma-mater, through golden summer camp days, heck even through naming my car after their lead singer, I can't get enough of their catchy-foot-tapping beats. This latest album is no disappointment. I am listening to this, some of this, and even a little bit of this. mmm, delicious!

Funny enough my crazy world is both everything to me right now and yet I find I am not attached. Committed yes. Attached no. I never really saw a distinction in these two but if the work I do is anything it is a study in language and the subtle nature of words and how they shape our world. No, I am not a writer, my day job is MUCH more tangible.  Attachment is this thing that is based in our ego (at least mine, my ego LOVES attachment). To me attachment is when something, someone or time or way that I may not even really like or be attracted to becomes something/one/way/time that I greatly fear losing because it is in someway identified as MINE and if I lose it I become less because this thing is not in my possession. Crazy eh? ( secretly, or not, this tends to be a lot of relationships I get my saucy little self into but perhaps we shall leave that for another day). Commitment on the other hand speaks to me as something that I truly value to improve my life and those of others but if lost I am still whole. Perfect, complete and whole. Back on topic, I am committed to my job these days because it is just so darned fun. I get to take risks and make decisions and improve the situation for all involved. It speaks to me.

As someone who is deeply passionate and values this passion in my life I find it very easy to get carried away. I told you that I would keep you up to date on how reading "Focal Point" was going... well so far it has told me to take 1 day off a week. I don't just mean a day off where you are not on the schedule but you check emails, take work phone calls, stop by the office "just to pick something up". NO they mean A DAY OFF. Like NO PHONE, NO EMAIL. Holy smokes. I am tempted just to try it this weekend to see if I spontaneously combust. So in blog form I solemnly commit to taking Sunday off. Yest the whole thing.

Lastly. This was the first of Their songs I fell in love with. Jay wrote it and played it to his campers the summer he worked there, by the water. This brings me back to where ever I need to go. Whenever I need to go there. This.Is. it

No comments:

Post a Comment