Saturday, October 16, 2010

continued...


Getting down 25 things that are inspiring is more work than I thought. Here it is... the last 10.


15) The process of visualizing the life that I truly desire is one of the most powerfully inspirational things I have done. Details that bring about in me feelings of contentment, power and excitement range from the kind of light my studio will get in the winter to how eccentric my future husband thinks my hobbies are. It is this process of goal setting and achieving them that keeps my fire lit. It is also the true challenge of failing to reach momentous goals in the way or time I originally imagined (and failing multiple times at this) and then finally digging deep, working hard and, like reaching the summit after an arduous climb, coming out on top.

16) My life’s mission is to teach others, to inspire them to be the greatest versions of themselves. It drains me, takes all I’ve got every time, but nothing, not anything gives me the same high as someone figuring out they are great at something. That they can achieve anything thing they want.

17) Colour. I lived once, in a town that for 8 months of the year was gray. Gray stone buildings, gray lake, gray sky, dirty gray snow. It was nearly the end of me. Red, blue, green and all in between are what keep me sparked.

18) Usually the middle of August a little nudge creeps into my brain, it is about that time again. Ski movie trailers come out! You might think ‘ well how could this girl possibly compare ski movie trailers to things like the Rockies or goal setting or making out to Bob Dylan’ but the honesty of the matter comes down to this. Ski movie trailers get me stoked for what’s to come while often others are already mourning the loss of summer. I head to the gym to prep my legs to deal with the lactic acid that will soon build in them as my skis chew powder. I dust off my skis and take them in to see Don, the same man who has been taking care of them and their predecessors for me for over 2 decades. It gets me excited about the thing that gets me inspired. What more could I ask for?

19) I was 17 and had just learned how to drive stick. I distinctly remember the sky was gray, the highway gleamed under the falling rain. I had kicked off my school shoes, exposing green knee socked foot to the pedals so I could feel the connection better. The heat was on full, it was freezing. Some song I had an affinity for in my last year of high school was playing on the radio and all I could think of was how right then, right now, was the most perfect moment in the world.

20) Any group going through something big is bound to bond. Bound to inspire each other through shared experiences. The people who I went through 200 hours with this summer on The Island epitomize this concept. Each was so empathetic, so powerful, so graceful and beyond any stretch of the imagination, each were so completely hilarious. They were mums, dads, young, Olympians, nurses, farmers, all bringing something unique and progressing to the table.

21) Ferries. My best thinking has always been done on a giant boat.

22)… or driving a vehicle. Feeling the breeze on my collar bones in the summer, driving barefoot, road tripping with a good friend, long treks my myself, all are places of transition and new discoveries.

23) My family to make it easy.

24) Quiet time.

25) Those around me who are not afraid to be themselves or to be the change they wish to see in the world.  “There’s nothing more dangerous than someone who wants to make the world a better place.” - Banksy 

SO that's it. 

Sleep Tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment