Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I know you've been waitin' you've been waitin' a long time for me...

... But if you wait a little longer this is how it'll be. Oh it's gonna be hot, like fire.

I am very fond of wave analogies. They represent the rhythm of a good vinyasa class, the way the seasons ebb and flow. The reside on the back of my neck, inked beneath the mountain peaks and they move my life. I can accurately describe where on the wave I am to people when they ask how i'm doing. Sometimes I am on the downward slope, cruising into darkness and despair, some times I am riding high - completely oblivious to the crashing white water around me. Sometimes, just when I am working my butt off to get out of the surf I am going up hill. My heart skips a beat.

There is something about everything in life laying out before you like a prairie highway under the cerulean sky that grabs you. Suddenly without ground or ceiling. Things are actively looking up. All the hard work of coming down the wave is paying off and yet, nothing, not a thing, is for certain and it adds a ballsy excitement to life. To be blatant, I am here and now. I am full of kinetic energy coming off a variety of life learnings, Work (yes with a capital W) is nearly (and I stress nearly) where I have wanted it to be for over a year. There is someone slowly becoming part of my life who lights me up in a more authentic way that i am accustomed to. I am getting strong. I am figuring my shit out. I have a deep gratitude for what has already been put into motion and yet there is my mother, standing just beyond the finish line of my Nancy Greene ski races saying... you haven't won quite yet. It is that wondrous last sprint and the time when the men are separated from the boys, sort to speak, that gets me up in the morning, puts a smile of my face, tells me 'get up from falling, one more time or a dozen if you have to'.

I am finally stepping in to it. What they've all been waiting for. What I knew would spark a fire deep down long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment