Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Who's side are you on, what side is there anyway?

This city is ripe with newness. A new mayor who might just be the change we all need to see in the world (quite an uncommon thing in this city driven by oil, gas and an old world conservative sensibility...sometimes). A new job for me. One I have lived and breathed and fought with and for most days for the last year. Remember your first year of high school? That year you went from being at the top of your game in junior high and suddenly you were starting fresh, right at the bottom of the pack again. It's a pretty sweet feeling with nothing to loose and everything to gain. That is how I feel moving into my new role, I am definitely the fresh faced new comer. There is so much that I don't know I don't know that I can't wait to get in deep.

In addition to all these wonderful new job opportunities the new Kings of Leon album came out today and it is spectacular. Not only are these boys easy on the eyes and ears but they create music that tugs at my heart strings and those tugs mark moments that will stay with me forever. The first time I heard them I was in a bar in Siem Reap called Angkor What? Two very handsome british men were vying for our affection and True Love Way came on. This band ended up representing a lot of that summer travelling South East Asia and has trickled into the rest of my life.

Equally lovely is the new (and new ONLY to me) book I have recently picked up. Focal Point by Brian Tracy is going to kick my butt into gear! I will keep you updated on my transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment