Friday, October 22, 2010

Tell me if I'm going crazy but everything you said amazed me...

My Friday morning ritual includes a trip to the farmers market. On the best of days I meet up with one of the girls from work but today it was a solo mission. It was pure magic. I started, as usual, with a trip to the long line up for a Phil & Sebastian latte (my only REAL milk of the week). Now as much as the line is always rather winding and lengthy at its end are always handsome men, perfectly texturized milk, and if your as lucky as I was this morning, a beautiful heart in your coffee! The nice thing about avoiding dairy most of the time is when you have a delicious 2% milk latte it is so sweet. I took my first foamy sip and seriously considered going back to the bar to ask if they have mistakenly put sugar in it (and a little bit to have a reason to flirt with the charming baristas). The morning continued with an overwhelming array of colour and delicious smells. I bought spinach from a delightful farmer man who talked my ear off about crops and labour as I smiled, happy with the knowledge that I not only knew where my food came from but also who was lovingly bagging it and making sure it went to a good home. The one moment, above all the colour and laughter, that i wished I had captured on film was two little boys, one very very blond and the other darker, each perched on a green milk crate with another on in front as a table devouring homemade perogies and sour cream (oh, i wish i was doing the same... stupid pre-christmas slim down) while their mother rang through vegetables and organic chicken to feed the families of downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment