Saturday, October 23, 2010

wont you give me something that i need... give me something to believe in

It might be shocking to hear, knowing what I did last night, that today was inspiring, inspiring just like lightning out of a clear sky. It is becoming evident that Friday is my night to let loose after my jam packed weeks. Now last night was pretty tame as Friday nights go except it is becoming increasingly clear that I can't simply pretend that my wheat allergies don't exist when it comes to a pint or two of Grasshopper. This being said I am not sure wether to chalk this rather under the weather feeling up to a true hangover or, more likely, to a vicious wheat allergy just trying to help me see the light. Either way today did not seem promising when I awoke at 8:30 this am.

Luckily enough the light was spectacular today! We don't get very many days in Calgary that seem to be veiled with such a golden mist that everything glows under the sun. The cyprus trees at the end of the alley were a noble and other worldly sight this morning.  In my less than perky way I drove off to coffee with a very dear friend. This woman is one in my life who never ceases to amaze me. Though our friendship started in a rather unlikely way it has grown to a deep connection that I share with very few. In her wisdom this morning she reminded me that THIS. IS. IT. This is it. SO easy. I know it just hit home today, hard like the a hammer on a nail head, putting one more board in place in the foundations of the future. It's funny to think that when we are complete with our past we can truly create for ourselves a future that is what we want and now in this moment this is all we have, this is it. This is the only moment, the only posture in the world, the only song, the only meal. In this moment, you and I are all that exist. Sigh, big thoughts for such a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment