Thursday, October 28, 2010

I don't mind when you only call me when you want... I'm just glad you want me at all.

Being upside down, nothing use to make me more unsettled. I started this knowing that physically this phenomenon was something true to me but the more I thought about it, the more it trickled into my mind that I didn't like my world turned on its head emotionally or abstractly either.

The turning point was handstands. Eoin Finn Loves Handstands. I do not. Did not. I was almost in tears at the thought of having to boost my butt above my head and hold my own weight on my hands. I would avoid even trying it at any cost. Eoin didn't understand this. His solution was simply to pick me up and suddenly I would be in handstand. Now it was not an instant conversion but by the end of 250 hours... I am addicted to the whole upside down thing. Today in class I was that person who two months previously I would have death glared across class. I was the kid who when the teacher asked "does anyone have any requests?" I responded with HAND STANDS!! And you know what? It was fun. It was playful in the middle of a week where playful was exactly what was necessary. My life also reflects this new theory. Sometimes you need to look at things from an angle so different from that you normally take you feel like you are on your head. This makes the routine new and exciting, life... actually living, not just going through the paces.  Long story short. I.LOVE.UPSIDE.DOWN.

No comments:

Post a Comment