Monday, October 25, 2010

Santa Monica you've got no chance


I haven’t cried for no real reason in what feels like forever. They are the kind of tears that come on without warning, like storms on the island, they come off the ocean in an instant and there is so much beauty, in the raw power of it.  I am frantic not to disappoint, steadfast in my lust to keep balance in my life, hanging by a fingernail to get one step ahead when I am just one step behind. I love it. These feelings keep the knowledge that I am living, moving forward at the forefront of my mind. And, as I rarely cry, it is a glimpse into the few moments where my eyes change colour under the glassy liquid to what I always dreamed they were.

I am standing in nothing with every single possibility ahead and while this inspires the pants off me it is also scary as. Fortunately, courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyways, at least according to John Wayne and I am pretty sure he knows a thing or two about courage. Off to ride into the sunset…

No comments:

Post a Comment